Monday, June 11, 2007

Fantastic First Sentence of a News Story

I was just perusing the Internet and landed on one of my favorite sites, Fark.com. For the news of the day on June 11, 2007 it included a link to a story in The Independent Florida Alligator. I have no idea what this is. Some sort of newspaper I suppose. Their tagline is: We Inform. You Decide. OK. Not bad.

This particular story is written by Jennifer Bingaman, who is an Alligator Contributing Writer. Nice title! The headline of the story is pretty interesting in and of itself: Big snakes make kids giggle.

But that's nothing compared to the opening sentence:

Her husband's ashes, which she wears in a blue container on a gold chain around her neck, remind Jean Howard of how she came to love snakes.

Wow...could be the opening of a fantastic novel! I'll definitely go see the movie!

No comments: