Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Quiznos Marketers are Paranoid Morons

The world of advertising continually amazes me with how many morons work in the industry - and how the lawyers dominate everything they do. Case in point - the new campaign from Quiznos in which people eat a five dollar bill. They are trying to make the point (I think) that Quiznos sandwiches are inexpensive and you'd be better off spending the money on something to eat. Kind of obvious, but like I said, they're morons.

The commercials are well done, if the concept is a bit lame. What amazes me is why they feel the compulsion that ALL advertisers feel to put up a cautionary disclaimer, "Dramatization. Do not attempt."

What in the word are they afraid of? That someone out there will watch this commercial and think, "Oh, it's OK to eat money. I think I'll give it a try." And then sue Quiznos for recommending it? Is there any judge in the world that would even allow this case to be heard? Of course, as I write this, I'm realizing that the same mentality of the lawyers that require this super be placed on the spot would result in some of them taking the case and trying to suck a few million dollars out of Quiznos.

It just all seems so stupid to me. Like all of the pharmaceutical ads the ALWAYS include, "See our ad in...." and then whatever magazine they feel is most suitable. Just covering their butts, right? Maybe. But it's the work of morons trying to protect themselves from even stupider morons.

Do not attempt. Gosh, and just when I was really wanting to put a filthy five dollar bill in my mouth!

1 comment:

شركه تنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by the author.