Thursday, May 15, 2008

Poor Choice of Words

I don't watch America's Next Top Model. The few clips I've see of the program are painful enough to watch. I can't image what it would be like to try and watch an entire episode - or season. Bored, I was watching the E! television network - and of course, coverage of the season finale of the show was very prominent.

A very attractive girl named Whitney has won! She is 20 years old, from Atlantic Beach, Florida and a big deal has been made about her being the first plus size model to win the competition. (You mean it's been on long enough for there to be other winners?) She's 5' 10" tall and a size 8-10. I understand that past winners are more like a size 2.

As part of her winning, I guess she's going to be on the cover of an upcoming Seventeen Magazine. On E! they interviewed a woman named Ann Shocket, who is apparently well-known in the industry and is a senior editor with the publication. She's sitting in the lobby of the magazine's headquarters and actually says:

Whitney is going to have a HUGE (long pause) career!

Could she have chosen a more inappropriate word? All I could do is chuckle and shake my head.

1 comment:

شركه تنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by the author.