Friday, January 25, 2008

A Cynical Prophesy

I freely admit I am a horrible cynic. I suspect people's motivations on just about everything. Sometimes I wrong, but I find myself right more often than not. I think in this case, it's a sure thing.

Dennis Kucinich just dropped out of the 2008 presidential race. It won't be long now before his wife, Elizabeth, drops out of the marriage.

I don't care what anybody says. She did not marry Kucinich for any reason other than the possibility that one day she might be this country's First Lady. Look at her! She's tall, beautiful, intelligent, well-educated...she's done more things and been more places that most people do in their entire lives. Long red hair, pierced tongue, fantastic legs, freckles. Plus she's 30 years younger than he is! 30 years! Is this woman going to now be content to go back to Cleveland (yes, Cleveland!) and spend the next 20 or so years watching Dennis grow old? No. She took her shot and it didn't work. Soon she'll realize it's time to move on and find her next pathway to power and fame.

She won't do it right away, because it would just be too obvious. The press would have a field day. TMZ would be there yelling out inane questions and Bill O'Reilly would start calling her while he pleasures himself in the shower. But after things cool off. After the elections are over and the focus has left Mr. and Mrs. Kucinich, you can be certain Elizabeth will be calculating her next moves. And they don't involve staying in Cleveland.

This is a sure thing. Bet on it if you wish. You heard it here first.

No comments: