Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Applebee's Has Lost It

Just when you thought television advertising couldn't get any worse...

The current Applebee's television campaign is absurd. The bouncing apple that speaks like Wanda Sykes is ridiculous, but they keep running it. Well, the latest variation is completely over the top and proves to me that the marketers at Applebee's are total morons.

The latest incantation has a video crew showing up at the apple's house. Sort of an MTV "Crib" kind of thing I suppose. For some reason the apple lives in a very nice house that is much more suitable for a human. It points out a very modern hanging chair that it picked out a then bounces on the bed with red apple cushions. Again, I don't know why an apple needs such a large sleeping spot. The crew then asks about the kitchen and the apple responds that it doesn't need one because it eats all of its meals, of course, at Applebee's.

I know I'm being awfully literal here, but how does an apple eat?

This whole campaign is just too moronic for words. I wonder if the advertising executives at Applebee's sit around congratulating themselves on their collective genius. They should hang their heads in shame, but I'm sure they are much to stupid to realize how stupid they are.

I'm embarrassed for them.

No comments: