Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Fate of Dana Perino

I found myself wondering the other day about the fate of White House Press Secretary Dana Perino. Her days as the Bush Administration's designated liar are numbered, and I wonder what someone like this with no morals and no ethical compass will do for the rest of her life. After all, she's only 36 years old and has already dug a career pit for herself that I doubt she'll ever be able to crawl out of.

I think it's interesting to take a quick look at her two predecessors. First there was Scot McClellan. He lasted about three years before, as he says, his conscience got the better of him and he resigned. Right now he's plugging his tell-all book and hoping to make enough money not to have to ever send out any resumes again. I want to applaud what he's doing, but I just don't buy it. He was a Bush insider and crony for far too long for me to accept this turnaround in morality. Instead I think he saw the handwriting on the wall and realized there's good chance once they are no longer protected by the Office of the President, most of the members of this gang might well be prosecuted for what they have done to the country and our Constitution. I think he's covering his ass.

Then there was Tony Snow. I really don't know what went through his head. He gave up a very promising career as a respected journalist to become a lying shill for G.W. and Company. I wish I could say he managed to die with the renewed respect of the country and the press corps, but it's just not true. He was a disgrace to his profession and the country. I have no doubt whatsoever that the stress of the job is what made him succumb to colon cancer.

Then there's Ms. Perino. You think maybe she's gotten where she is based upon a few things other than her intellect and ability? Maybe just a little? Like so many others in the Bush Adminstration, Perino is a sacrificial lamb thrown to the wolves. Nobody in the power elite cares what is ultimately going to happen to her. They just wanted someone they thought the press might go a little easier on because she's a woman and she's pretty. Yes, I truly think that's the way they think.

It's pathetic to watch her struggle to match wits with journalists who know what they are talking about and have all the data and facts that she obviously just can't comprehend. So she'll just laugh and smile and try to divert to question to something meaningless instead. I'm truly surprised she hasn't resorted to puffing out her lower lip and telling some insistent reporter that he's being "mean" to her. Boo hoo.

Maybe someone in the corrupt Republican world will give her a job and protect her from the fate that she deserves. Her husband is successful and wealthy (and 18 years older than she is with grandchildren already); he'll probably support her in fine style and ultimately leave her with enough money that she doesn't have to try and be a part of the real world again. He's British, and I wouldn't be suprised if they return to England where no one will know her. I guarantee she will soon be forgotten anyway. The Washington press will certainly say "good riddance" and hope that the next Press Secretary will actually be able to answer a question - and maybe even tell the truth when he or she does so.

I suppose I have the same hope.

5 comments:

Peter Lake, LAKE Real Estate said...

Gee, I think her career -- which you declared to be DOA -- has done a lot better than your own.

Peter Lake, LAKE Real Estate said...

Gee, I think her career -- which you declared to be DOA -- has done a lot better than your own.

Anonymous said...

I savour, cause I found just what I was taking a
look for. You've ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

My web blog how does quantrim works

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell
and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear
and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I
had to tell someone!

Feel free to visit my site: is quantrim safe

شركه تنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by the author.