Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spitzer's Wife is Pathetic

OK, the news today is dominated by Eliot Spitzer, the governor of New York, who just got caught paying for a night with a call girl. He immediately calls a press conference to apologize to just about everybody. I don't really care about the details and the fact that this man is a total hypocrite with a total warped sense or morals.

The thing that strikes me is how his moronic wife not only stands at his side, but plasters herself against him at the podium as he asks for forgiveness. Occasionally she looks up adoringly at Client #9, but mostly her eyes are on the paper from which he's reading. What is she doing? Making sure he reads the words correctly and doesn't leave anything out?

What a sorry, pathetic excuse for a woman. I suppose some people see this as dedication and devotion to her man, but I see it as yet another woman who has absolutely no identity of her own. Being the wife of the governor of New York gives her status. Being the indignant, wronged ex-wife of the governor of New York gets her nothing. So she is willing to swallow her pride and "stand by her man" as his career tanks. Hmm...kind of reminds me of someone else whose husband showed his lack of character but put it behind her to further her political goals.

I feel sorry for Silda Wall Spitzer, but I have absolutely no respect for her.

No comments: